Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Read a Map, call a Co-Worker...

GOTOBUS.com is an online travel search engine that handles trips, transportation, and tourist attractions. My trip to Washington DC was booked through gotobus and I must admit, I think I am done with this company. Let me give you a little history, my wife and I took a trip last year to Niagara Falls and we bought a package through gotobus. The bus ride was really long and here is the catch, they incorporate attractions along the way and they encourage you to buy with them to save money, they are getting a group discount by the way, but if you don’t participate, you must wait for them to go through whatever the attraction is then you get the opportunity to board the bus. Anyway, I don’t want to talk about that trip since it was last summer so let me proceed. Every other bus provider was sold out 4th of July weekend and since we already had our hotel assignment, we had no choice since it was a holiday weekend and after last year, my wife and I vowed not to ride this bus again but we had to renege. The trip down to DC was extremely long since the driver was new and didn’t know where to go so here he was reading a map and calling folks trying to find his way. We arrived in Baltimore, he summons another co-worker of his to help him get to DC, by this time, and I was getting irritated and grew tired of riding this bus. When we got to DC, I was relieved.

It was time to head back to NY Sunday since arriving Friday afternoon and here is where things got really crazy. The wait area was so unorganized and every bus that stopped, we thought it was ours since no signs clearly defined how many different buses leave from this China town location. We waited and waited so finally, our bus arrived and we threw our things underneath and at that moment, we thought we were on our way. Apparently, we were on the wrong bus. The bus was filled at this point before this guy who works for Gotobus came on and said “you all are on the wrong bus, your bus is behind this one.” I am heated! We had to rush off the bus, grab our bags again so we can try to get a seat on the other bus since a lot of folks were going to NY and we didn’t want to wait any longer. We made it! All in all, we got back home safe but this is something I don’t want to do again. Gotobus will not get a “Couple of Reviews” stamp of approval from me. It’s only worthy of 2 stars.

Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment