Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

I need a Heart, I need Courage, I need a Brain, and I need to get home

Thw Wiz, now playing at NY City Center is in town for a limited run. June 12Th - July 5, 2009...time is truly of the essence if you don't want to miss out. From the very start when the lights came up and the stars took stage, I knew at that moment that this was going to be a hit. The line-up is as follows: Ashanti(Dorothy), Orlando Jones (The Wiz), LaChanze (Aunt Em/ Glinda), Joshua Henry (Tinman), James Monroe Iglehart (Lion), Christian Dante White (Scarecrow), Tichina Arnold (Evillene), and Dawnn Lewis (Addaperle). The amazing cast of this production brought their own uniqueness to the role they were playing and to compare what you have seen growing up watching on TV, you wouldn't be given them a fair shot. By far, I thoroughly enjoyed this play and it was good to see familiar faces you've seen on TV do their thing live and on stage.

Without giving away specifics, I can say this, the set design was great, the lighting matched the movements and the scene changes, the main and background dancers were in step and more importantly, the play kept my attention. I didn't have any expectations going into the show but leaving the theater, I will highly encouraged you to go and see it. I give it 4 stars.

-Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment