Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Joe Turner's Come and Gone (Broadway, NYC)



Hi, it is I, Husband. Times Sq, NYC, The Belasco Theater, Joe Turner's Come and Gone...an amazing play. Before I get into details about the show, I would like to point out what happened when we first got there. We showed our tickets to the usher and she directed us to our seats, we sat in the balcony, nice seats by the way, the seats that she said were ours wasn't. We found out when a young lady came over and said that I was in her seat b/c how the rows/ seats are numbered, it's kind of backwards...other folks were having the same problems as us. The usher who helped had a bad attitude with some of the people, not good, but she was the one to seat us...btw...there wasn't enough ushers working either which made it worse.

Okay, the play, amazing, I totally agree with this year's 2009 winner of the Tony award for best lead male actor, Roger Robinson, who played the role of Bynum, perfect performance. The other lead characters and supporting actors/ actresses were great as well but I was looking forward to seeing Bynum b/c he stood out.

I am still putting the pieces together in my mind about this play but I can say this, August Wilson, one great playwright is truly a genius! I would go and see any revivals of his works when they hit the stage again, the story he tells in his plays are timeless! Today was the last show but I would encouraged you in the future to go when it comes back to Broadway...I give it 3.5 stars

-Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment