Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

No gracias (Washington, DC, July 4th weekend 2009)

Ceiba in Washington, DC, located on 14th street, NW was an experience. They serve Contemporary Latin American cuisine. The décor is nice and the location is right in the heart of the city. It seem like this spot had all the fixings of being a sure shot. Sadly, this isn’t that kind of place. I ordered the Grilled Free Range Chicken Breast and it came with Peruvian Fried Rice, Aji Amarillo, and Sauce Huancaina. It was good, the meat seasoned well but I could have gotten a lot more food for the price paid. The food wasn’t really my issue; it was really with the mojito. If you know anything about how a mojito should be, the very first taste will let you know if the person responsible for making it knows how to do it. I was extremely disappointed with the drink and the waitress was alerted. She had the bartender make me another one and even the second one wasn’t all that great either. Overall, I am giving this restaurant a 2.5. This spot isn’t getting “A Couple of Reviews” stamp of approval from me, Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment