Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Guess I Got My Swagger Back

I've seen Jay-Z plenty of times before, on many different stages and with different acts. I've seen him at  Yankee Stadium, the Izod Center, and another time at MSG. I've also seen Kanye on his own for the Glow in the Dark Tour. The concerts with this pair didn't get old to me, I still wanted to see the both in Watch the Throne. As a group, they have a different vibe altogether.

I thought the production of the show was amazing, starting from the suspense leading up to the beginning of the show. The staging was original and enhance the performance. The show got even better as it went on with unique staging and colorful lighting. This show stood out as different from what I've seen before.

The show itself was phenomenal, it was a hit. It completely separated the professionals from the beginners. The show lived up to the hype and the title of the album, Watch the Throne.  I liked their approach to the show, in some portions they were together and other times they performed solo. In addition, I liked the incorporation of the skits between songs, which were used to answer questions between one another.

I highly recommend you buying tickets, check the tour schedule for upcoming dates. I'm giving this 5 stars.

-Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment