Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

21 Jump Street: An Unexpected Surprise

I didn't go to the screening of the new 21 Jump Street with very high hopes. As a former viewer of the old 21 Jump Street I was very skeptical about the plot and that it would actually be a good movie. I'm getting way ahead of myself, I should first start with the plot. 21 Jump Street is an undercover unit of a police department who infiltrate youth circles to find criminals. The police officers serving on this unit must look like youth in order to fit in with teens. I have to tell you though that I don't remember the details of the the old show because it was so long ago, however, I do remember that it was a drama.

In the new movie, the story focuses on two guys who get transferred to the 21 Jump Street unit after they mess up a bust. You'll have to see the movie to get the backstory of the two guys, which makes the story even more interesting. Unlike the TV drama from the eighties, the new movie is very funny. If you're familiar with the show you'll see the familiar faces of the former youth unit. They even make fun of the fact that they are repeating a story that's already been done.

Even if you never saw the 21 Jump Street show I can almost guarantee that you'll love the new movie. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are completely hilarious. You'll laugh, cry laugh, see stuff blow up, and lots of shooting. What else can you ask for from a movie about cops! I'm giving this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

-Wife
The eighties are back! You know you want to watch old episodes of 21 Jump Street? Go to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092312/videogallery
Want to know about the new movie? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232829/

No comments:

Post a Comment