Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hammertime is Back! (* * * 1/2 stars)

Hammer is back in the limelight. Hammertime, the reality show, premiered today on A&E. Although it is not fair to judge on just one of the shows, I already have a prediction, it will do ok. I used to watch the Hammer cartoons and listen to his music back in the early 90's, so I was eager to see what the show would be like. I like most of the shows' audience am I'm looking forward to seeing the "Hammertime" move and to reminisce about my younger days.

Hammertime, the reality show, is a family show. Hammer as the father in this patriarch, guides his immediate and more than immediate family through the usual family matters that happens in any other normal family. In the premiere show, his 15-year-old daughter performs and records her song with her sister. Though her skills are not up to industry standards, Hammer supports his daughter and encourages her to perform. His nephew wants to go to college, and his supportive uncle accompanies him on a College tour.

So far the show is good. We need more black families on TV that can set an example. In the show Hammer claims to be business savvy, we'll see how far that goes, since his 15 minutes of fame were very "unsavvy." I can't wait to see more and wish Hammer luck on his second chance for another 15 minutes.

--Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment