Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bar Fun in DC (Our DC Adventure Continued)

After our experience during dinner at Ceiba on July 3rd, we decided to try a more familiar territory and try American Cuisine on July 4th, how fitting! Our friend had taken us to Bar Louie the last time we went to DC and we just so happened to remember it as we looked at the outside of the building where Bar Louie lives.

Bar Louie is actually an ordinary hang-out Bar that you'd find in any city, USA. It has multiple flat-screen televisions playing all sorts of sports. We felt at home instantly, as we were guided to our seats near the bar. We enjoyed the atmosphere and decided to try the drink once more. Alas! all is not lost in DC, themojito was great. Oh how I missed the typical taste of cane, mint, lime and liquor.

Other than that, I shared the Hummus appetizer with my sister. It came at a good time since I was really hungry. There's was nothing special about the Hummus appetizer, it was good, just not great. Given what I had to eat, I can't judge the entire restaurant, but the service, the drinks and the atmosphere was all I hoped for when I missed home.

3 stars

-Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment