Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cuba in the Middle of Times Square

As I walked by the other day, I saw the colonial windows and bright colors I knew I wanted to go inside and taste Cuba. I got a chance to to visit the Havana Cuba Restuarant on 46th Street in Manhattan last Friday. I walked in and was instantly reminded that I was not in New York anymore. The music, the art, and a completely different ambiance surrounded me. The walls were covered in posters that reminded me of the Cuba I knew from studying art.

We were quickly seated, but the waiter came to quickly. We were only sitting in our semi-booth a minute when the waiter came. When it was time to order, the waiter was nowhere to be found. We asked a bus boy to look for our waiter. My friend and I ordered. I ordered a Sangria, Yucca fritters for an appetizer and the Pineapple Chicken with Rice and Beans.

We waited and tried to enjoy a nice conversation, but the music was very loud. I couldn't even hear myself speak, let alone hear someone else. But I got through it. Half-hour later, our food came. My Pineapple Chicken arrived but where were my Yucca fritters. A few minutes passed, our waiter decided to fess up and let us know that he forgot to order the appetizer. He gave me a new glass of Sangria to make up for messing up. I waited for the appetizer, but what came first was the avocado salad that my friend ordered. We shared it; it was good. But it seemed like my appetizer was once again forgotten and although the waiter said one minute, well that turned into twenty.

Well, I can say that the food was very good and I would go to Havana Cuba just for the food. And if you don't want to talk to the person you're dining with, then Havana is also the place for you. I'll keep on searching though, but for the true Havana the one that feels like paradise instead of chaos.

-Wife
3.5 stars for food and lovely decor

No comments:

Post a Comment