Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

From the South…I know what it means to have hospitality.

Southern Hospitality, located on the Westside of Manhattan… a really cool place.  In the midst of searching for spots, I totally stumbled upon this in an email I received about weekend outings and dining.  I mentioned it to my wife and she was game to try it, we both didn’t have a clue as to what we were in store for.  

The location was perfect, near transportation, ambience was really nice, and the layout of the restaurant was pretty fresh too.  Total virgins to this spot, we made our way through the menu book and after ordering drinks first (Raspberry Mojito) we were able to make our food selection.  I had pulled chicken with mac/cheese & tater tots as sides.  The food was really good, totally enjoyed the spread and it was just enough to fill me up.  

The waitress was extremely nice, kept checking up on us, the whole nine.  Being from the South, born and raised, I know a thing or two about hospitality and I felt they did a good job based off this first encounter.  Hospitality can be defined in many ways but I felt they pride themselves off the theme of what it means to have that southern flare and I was impressed.  

Maybe it was the waitress, she was phenomenal, really excited about making a good impression since we were newbie’s but at any rate, good first experience.  I enjoyed what I ordered and I walked away feeling satisfied.  I would go back and I give this restaurant 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment