Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

I like good customer service but overly eager staff members are too much especially when you are asked too many questions.

So, browsing through the list of new restaurants we wrote down, Alma was the one we chose for tonight.  Alma in Spanish means “SOUL according to the description given on the restaurants’ website.  This Argentine spot is located in the West Village of Manhattan, pretty nice location where a lot of city dwellers roam.  From the outside looking in, it looks really modern and hip.  We walked in and were greeted by a host and another gentleman which seems to be owner/ business affiliated.  After perusing the menu and getting clarification about a few items on the menu, we decided to stay.  


The owner/ business affiliated individual decided to seat us in the sexy section of the restaurant which was located in the front.  It was nice and cozy and shortly thereafter, the waitress walked over asking us would we like to order drinks.   After contemplating the many choices, I ordered off menu and asked for a mojito; settled on the raspberry flavor.  It was okay, wasn’t what I expected and was kind of disappointed.  

It was time to order food, my wife and I decided what we wanted to eat and ordered small plates/ tapas selections.  The food didn’t take long to come and one particular item I ordered had to be returned b/c I am not a fan of steak that is kind of rare.  I had the steak skewers returned so they can be cooked a few minutes longer and after a couple minutes passing by, the steak skewers returned just how I like my steak…well-done.  

Recapping the evening, I felt like this restaurant could be better.  What I mean by that is this:  the owner/ business affiliated individual needs to play the back b/c he kept asking, “How’s the food?”   Another issue that came to mind was the close proximity of other diners next to us.  I don’t have a problem with that but tonight’s seating was a little uncomfortable b/c space was available and they decided to sit a group of 3 right next to our table.  The group that occupied the table was talking loud and about issues I don’t want to hear while I am eating.  Now, I don’t have a problem sitting next to groups but living in NYC for so long, you appreciate the little space that you get dining out.  If they would have moved them down, I would have been cool.  

With all that being said, I give Alma 2.5 stars.  I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment