Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Bad Spice

My sister and I had girls night out on a Tuesday and we needed to eat something quick and easy to make it to our 7:45pm movie. I recognized Spice, the name, because I visited their other locations, one in the Village and the other very close to the one I'll be reviewing on 22nd Street and 8th Avenue in NYC. Having experience the food at the other two locations made me eager to taste the food a new bigger location, but I was disappointed.

Unlike the modern decor of the other two restaurants, this one looked as if it was a pub decorated with dark and plush green seating all over the place. Not only was decor in poor taste for the brand I was so used to loving, but the place was actually extremely warm. The decor did not deter me from sitting down and ordering food and although I didn't have a good first impression my love of Spice convince me to stay. I was looking forward to the dish I was used to eating.

My sister ordered the Satay Chicken for the appetizer and I was disappointed first by the way it looked and then by the way it tasted. It wasn't the white meat slices of grilled chicken I was used to. The pieces looked as if they were beat up with a knife. What did they do wrong! It was obvious that it wasn't the same cook. I couldn't help it ask our waiter if this was the same restaurant. We returned the appetizer since we clearly weren't going to eat that mess.

We stayed for the entree, I ordered the Vegetarian Duck I was looking forward to eating, it wasn't as big a disappointment as the appetizer, but I'm never going there again. My dish was very salty and tasted too much like butter, and had the same butchered meat look of the appetizer. I didn't have a choice but to stay and eat since I was super hungry and had a very tight deadline so we stayed. It's pretty clear that the Wife wasn't satisfied so I'm giving this location of Spice a 1 star. I don't really like to give this star, but they really deserved it. Hopefully, they'll learn and hire a new chef and change the decor so they can survive.

-Wife

1 comment:

  1. Good day!
    I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
    Thank you

    arazeilia@yourmediaguru.com

    ReplyDelete