Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

What rhythms with wrinkles…? “Sprinkles”

I’ve visited LA once, got around to seeing Hollywood but always wanted to visit Beverly Hills, CA.  When I think of B.H., I think of "Beverly Hills Cop," the movie, palm trees and nice cars but the thought of cupcakes never entered my mind. Well, that is exactly what Sprinkles is, a new cupcake shop from the West Coast that landed in the Big Apple. 

My wife and I went to the Grand Opening on Lexington on the East Side of the city.  The inside of this small block store was amazingly packed and the line spanned the entire block as if free food was being handed out.  Finally, after about 45 minutes of waiting outside give or take, we made it inside and that is when we ordered.  Prior to entering, we had the chance of perusing the many varieties of cupcakes that were offered on that day based on the “Flavor Card.”  The flavor card is a color-coded square sheet detailing all of the cupcakes sold and organized based on the day of the week.  I ordered 1 chai latte and 1 red velvet cupcake. 


After the first bite, I really wasn’t that blown away with the taste and immediately starting thinking about the deliciousness of a Crumbs cupcake.  It was cool to witness and be around the grand opening of this new spot but when I go back and a line is already there, I will come back another time.  I would like to experience a few more of the cupcakes on the flavor card but won’t stick it out in line.  The line would have to be short so I could get in and out in a jiffy.  Based off my experiences of eating great cupcakes, I am giving this spot 3 stars.  Maybe in Cali the flavor resonates better but here on the East Coast, I wasn’t that impressed with the likes of Beverly Hills on my first venture.

Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment