Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Add a Little Sprinkle to Your Life

A passerbyer couldn't help but look inside to see what everyone was standing in line for
As we arrived to the new Sprinkles cupcake store we were greeted by a Sprinkles employee and a line that spanned almost an entire city block. The wait was probably half an hour, but it was opening day so a bit of a wait was expected as this is a very popular cupcake store in California with what seemed to be loyal following. To pass time, I took pictures of the store which was adorned with the two-color circles, the Sprinkles motif.

As we waited, we reviewed the menu which was given to us prior to entering the store. We noticed that some of the flavors were only available on particular days of the week, which I thought was a very good marketing strategy. The strategy serves to encourage people to come by on slower days so that sales remain constant throughout the week.

As we finally got in the store I was impressed by the decorations but mostly by the very fast service the store provides. Someone took our order at a glass counter where all of the available cupcake flavors can be seen. Unfortunately, the store is quite small and with no place to enjoy our cupcakes we decided to take our order home.

I must say I wasn't that impressed by the Sprinkles in overall taste. I was expecting more than what I received. The cupcakes were good. They were fluffy not greasy. However, I expected more of a unique flavor as there is so much competition in the cupcake market now that I think Sprinkles can be beat. Overall we had good service and good cupcakes so I'm giving Sprinkles 3 out of 5 stars.

Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment