Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Agua Fresca a Refreshing Restaurant in East Harlem

I didn't expect much from the Agua Fresca restaurant based on its location in the middle of a residential block in East Harlem. But I was pleasantly surprised, Agua Fresca, is a great restaurant that offers Mexican cuisine at a reasonable cost and exceptional taste.
As we walked in we were surprised by the size of the restaurant it probably was the size of a NYC livingroom. But it was very nicely decorated with wooden chairs and Mexican art, colorful walls. The sounds was soothing spanish, not too loud, but romantic. We were seated in what appeared to be a stage where we could see the outside through a very large window.

There was only one waitress as it was a very small restaurant, she was charming, and it seemed like everyone who walked in knew her. It seemed like the restaurant has repeat customers. It wasn't full, she had about four tables which seemed to be able to handle.

I had the Vegetarian Tacos and two Sangrias, and shared the Guacamole and Fried Sweet Plantains with my husband. I must say I wish I had a bigger appetite because the food was exquisite. I was ful to the rim with what I had. We started with an unusual Guacamole smoky with red peppers, one of the best I've ever had. It was very spicy and the red peppers gave it an extra kick. Although I had tacos before, they were never this tasty, it was something about the sauce and the care they took in the presentation that was unexpected. The Sangria was the best I've ever had, it had just the right combination of fruit and alcohol. My husband and I had an amazing time. We wished to go again very very soon and I'll try more dishes then.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for Mexican cuisine in a quaint restaurant with an amazing chef who seems to right blend of authentic Mexican cuisine with a modern twist. I'm giving it 4 stars for it's outstanding service and original take on Mexican cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment