Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Get Your Umbrella Drink for 230 Fifth

My husband and I love to eat Brunch. So my husband found 230 Fifth, a restaurant on the rooftop of a building near midtown. We walked in and were greeted by the security and told to stay right, we walked toward the end of the hallway where there was an elevator waiting for us. I checked my makeup and looked in the mirror to make sure I fit the part.

We arrived at the 15th floor where we were told to walk up one more flight. We were greeted by someone who guided us to our seats. He asked whether we wanted the sun or the shade, but we didn't answer. He sat us at a table where there was both sun and shade. My husband doesn't like the sun, but he sat in the sun because I refused to be in the sun. There was a seat right next to me, so he sat next to me. I'm sure the staff was not too happy that we took two places instead of one. One thing I wasn't too please with was the table. I was already imagining how I would eat because the table was very low. I started visualizing myself eating without dropping any food on myself. I was afraid the food would be cold by the time it got to my mouth, since I had to be careful in order to eat.

The decor and the ambiance of the restaurant really impressed me. It was as if we were in a different world, on an island somewhere. It was relaxing to sit and enjoy the music that played in the background. Just the right kind of music too. The soundtrack of the place was smooth but modern. The Dj played Michael Jackson's music, but not the kind where you gotta get up and dance, but just the type where you can just bop your head from side to side like Stevie Wonder.

I ordered the Homemade Lemonade to drink. Unfortunately, it had that fridge taste. You know the taste, like you're eating the inside of the fridge. It hardly tasted homemade. I also ordered the Pancakes, which were delicious. Although, I do think I can make them just as good.

We ended our brief stay by taking a few photos. Our greeter volunteered to take the photos, which I thought was very nice. He told us that the restaurant had only been opened for three years and that recently started to open for brunch. I'm sure they've been hit by the rough time. Anyway, I would definitely go to 230 Fifth and once again experience the island paradise in the middle of New York City.

-Wife
4 Stars - They've got my Stamp of Approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment